Set up your printer over a network or USB connection by following our guided procedure. Use the printer’s Wi-Fi feature to connect it to a computer through a wireless router linked to a network source, and start printing wirelessly. Refer to the printer’s manual to learn about the sub-categories involved in the Wireless network connection.
For a wired network connection, plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet ports of your printer and router and then print a test page to check the connection status. To provide a USB connection, insert the printer’s USB cable to the USB slots on your printer and computer.
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP THE HP PRINTER
Keep the printer package on a strong and flat surface. Take the printer and its accessories one by one from the box. Remove all the tapes and other packing materials from the printer.
- Use the printer’s power cord to provide a reliable power connection to the printer. Power up the printer and sort your preferences on the welcome screen.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access cover and lift the lids of the ink slots. Put the black and tri-color ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Pull the paper input tray or photo tray (either partially or completely) and load it with a stack of plain paper.
- Use the printer’s installation disc to install the printer software and then connect the printer over a network or USB connection.
In certain regions, the installation disc is not supplied along with the printer, or in some cases, the driver may be outdated. Click the link provided below to download the recent version of the printer driver. Choose the driver with respect to your operating system. Select either Mac or windows. You can access the downloaded driver file from the Downloads folder of your device. Proceed with the driver installation process.
After the driver has been downloaded, the next step to begin is the installation of the driver. Open the Downloads folder on your device, and double-click on the driver file to run it. If you are a Windows user, you will see the .exe file and if you are a Mac user, you will see the .dmg file. Follow the prompts that are displayed on the installer screen. Agree to the terms and conditions on the installer, and select a connection type when prompted. To complete the installation, click Finish in the final prompt.
A user manual is a booklet available in the printer’s shipment box. If it is unavailable, download the manual from our website. The downloaded file is available in the PDF format. It helps a user on how to use the printer. Use the user manual index to find the topics in their respective pages.
Printing is the main function of the printer. Before starting the printing process, connect the printer, and the system using a USB cable. Use the input tray to insert plain sheets of paper into it. Use an application on the system to open the document or photo.
A Scan function converts the original into a digital one. You can either use the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder tray to start the scan process. Use a clean cloth to wipe the scanner glass for high-quality scanned documents. You can send scanned documents to a registered email address.
Copy is an additional feature available in the printer. It creates a duplicate copy of the original. The document is scanned and multiple copies are created. Use the scanner glass or ADF tray for the scanning process. Insert plain sheets of paper into the printer’s input tray.
Fax is the process of sending, and receiving the documents via a landline connection. You need to install the full feature driver for fax setup. This feature is mainly used for sending confidential documents from one organization to another. Use a standard telephone cable for the connection process.
The ePrint app is a mobile printing application available for free. You are not required to use any additional drivers for the printing process. The application is supported by Android phones. Download the ePrint app from the Google Play Store. Update the app for the latest features.
AirPrint is an inbuilt app available for Apple devices. Before starting the printing process, check if the printer model supports the app. If the Mac system supports the AirPrint feature, check if the AirPrint is available in the Use or Print using option. Do not download any additional drivers for using the feature.
Google Cloud print is a print service application for users who wish to print documents. Connect your printer and system to the same network. Additional software is not required for accessing the Cloud print feature. It is easy to print from an Apple iOS device, but configure the Cloud Print to your system.
HP Printer driver not installing
- Pull the USB cable out from the printer if connected already.
- Open the Programs menu on your computer and locate the Drivers tab.
- Expand the tab and then remove the previously installed printer drivers.
- Ensure that the installation CD comprises the latest version of the driver file.
- Insert the CD and install the driver for your operating system.
- You can also download the driver file from our site.
- Click the Driver Download link or button on this site.
- Double-click the file and go on with the prompts to install the driver.
- Update the driver on a regular basis.
How do I reset the language on HP printer
- Remove the protective film on the printer’s control panel. After the installation process, select the Edit option.Go to the home page in the web browser.
- Print a Network Configuration Page.Tap Setup on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Tools. Choose the Settings tab on the EWS page.
- Select Preferences -> International. Choose the desired language under Control Panel Language. Select the Apply option.
- Wait until the changes are confirmed. Close the EWS. Switch off the printer, and then turn it on. Tap the Setup icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Settings/Preferences option & touch Language. Wait until the list of languages display. Tap Yes to confirm.
HP Envy 5055 will not connect to wireless
- Disconnect the printer from the computer and the network connection.
- Go to the Programs and Features menu on your Windows system.
- Right-click the previously installed printer driver from the on-screen list.
- Select the Uninstall or Yes option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes when a User Account Control message or notification pops up.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the driver removal process.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation process is complete.
- Get the current version of printer driver from our site and install it on your device.
- Reconnect the printer to a wireless network connection.
- Print a test report to check if the issue is resolved.
HP Envy 5055 won’t print
- Check the ink levels on the installed ink cartridges. Replace the cartridges if they are low on ink. Use genuine cartridges that are compatible with your printer.
- Verify the print settings under the installed printer driver and make sure to set the settings according to your print job. Use appropriate papers for your printer.
- Do not overload the paper tray. Check for ink smears on the printouts. Use the printer’s automated tool to rectify the ink smear error.
- Go to the Products Update menu on your printer and ensure that the printer’s firmware is updated to the latest version available.
Our HP Technical Support & Services
How can you reach us?
You can either dial the toll-free number provided on the page or clear all your printer-related queries through our technical experts. You can also chat with us anytime.
What Do We offer?
We can effectively assist you in carrying out any printer-related process remotely. Our technical team will work together to complete any task in no time.