HP Officejet 6600 Setup
It is an All-in-One multi-functional color printer. It embeds Thermal Ink-jet color printing technology with dynamic printing functions. It has a 2.65 inch touchscreen display with multiple options to choose. The device has extra-ordinary mobile printing capabilities such as Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print service, and more. It has a standard RAM of 128 MB and it is the maximum supported size. HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer is compatible with Unix, Linux, Mac, Windows, and Android operating systems.
Features and Specifications
- HP Officejet 6600 is an inkjet printer with thermal ink-jet color printing technology.
- It has a touchscreen display with a 2.65 inch LED screen.
- The printer’s optical scan resolution is 1200 * 1200 dpi.
- It supports envelopes, photo papers, cards, and plain papers.
- The media feeder capacity is 250 + 35 + 75 sheets.
- Fax’s speed-dialing is up to 99 stations.
- ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Distinctive Ring Detection.
- Auto reduction and Color faxing.
- Automatic redialing.
- Fax forwarding.
- Junk fax barrier.
HP Officejet 6600 Unboxing Setup
- Keep the printer package on a strong and flat surface.
- Open the box and take the printer & its accessories out.
- Eliminate all the packing materials including the stickers from the printer.
- Use the printer’s electrical cord to connect the printer to a power source.
- Locate the Power button on the printer and long press it.
- Open the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer ink cartridge access door and lift the ink slot lids.
- Put the black and tricolor ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Attach the supplementary paper trays to the main input tray.
- Load plain papers into the main input tray.
HP Officejet 6600 Driver Installation using CD
- Open the DVD folder on your computer in which the file is saved.
- Double-click the file with .exe or .dmg extension.
- Click Yes on the pop-up window.
- Select the I accept the User Agreements check-box and proceed further.
- Continue with the on-screen guidelines to finish the installation.
- Select Yes on the Confirmation window the moment it pops up.
- Choose the type of connection to connect the printer.
- Initiate a print job on the printer and start printing.
HP Officejet 6600 Driver & Manual Download
HP Officejet 6600 Driver
Click the Driver Download link which is on this site to download the full feature drivers for your HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer.
HP Officejet 6600 Manual
Click the Manual Download link provided below to download the HP Officejet 6600 printer manual.
HP Officejet 6600 Wireless Setup
- Select a wireless tool to establish the wireless connection.
- Ensure that the chosen tool is compatible with your printer.
- Detach the USB cable if it is already connected.
- Activate your router that is connected to a Wireless Access Point.
- Check the internet connection status and signal strength.
- Activate the Wireless feature on your HP Officejet 6600 printer.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your computer or laptop.
- Ensure that both the devices connect to your wireless network automatically.
- Associate them with your network manually if the auto-connection fails.
- Choose a document or photo for printing wirelessly.
HP Officejet 6600 USB Setup
- Do not set up your printer over a USB cable connection before installing the HP Officejet 6600 printer drivers. A 3-feet long USB cable accompanies the printer.
- Bridge your printer with a wall power source and turn it on.
- Power on your laptop and make sure to keep both the devices close.
- Insert the A-end of the USB cable into the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer’s USB port.
- Plug the B-end to a USB slot on your laptop.
- The laptop notifies a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Halt until the device’s driver installation completes.
- Click OK on the next window.
How to Connect HP Officejet 6600 Printer to Laptop?
- Link the printer to a wall power outlet and turn it on.
- Power on your laptop and make sure both the devices are close by.
- Check if a USB 3.0 cable is accompanied with the printer.
- Associate one end of the USB cable with the printer’s USB port.
- Connect the other end to a USB slot on your laptop.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi feature on your laptop to disconnect from the network.
- The system displays a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Wait until the device drivers installation finishes.
- Click OK on the window that pops up on the forthcoming screen.
- After the Connection is Successful message displays, start printing.
HP Officejet 6600 Printer Double Sided Printing
- The HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer supports Double-sided printing.
- The user can print on both sides with the Duplex printing option.
- Open the document or photo to be printed on the computer you use.
- Press Ctrl + P. Choose your printer model from the list displayed.
- Single-click or Expand the Printing Properties tab.
- Select the option titled Duplex Printing or Two-sided Printing.
- A sub-menu pops up displaying two options – Flip On Long Edge & Flip On Short Edge.
- Select the option as per your requirements.
- Click Apply or OK and then click Print.
- For manual duplexing, the user has to reinsert the sheets after they are printed on one side.
How to Scan from HP Officejet 6600?
- Scanning on the HP Officejet 6600 can be done through HP Printer Assistant, HP Smart App, and HP Scan software.
- Link the printer to a reliable power source and turn it on.
- Activate your wireless router linked to a network source.
- Tap the Wireless icon which is on the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer’s control panel.
- Bridge the printer’s Wi-Fi to your router.
- Associate the computer that you use with the same wireless network.
- Load the document to be scanned on the flatbed scanner.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Scan button.
- A green-colored light passes across the scanner.
- After the scan completes, a scanned copy of the document displays on the computer screen.
- Click Save to save the copy.
How to Copy on HP Officejet 6600?
- Copying allows duplicating an original document into multiple copies. Proceed with the guidelines provided below to initiate copying.
- Bridge your printer and computer over a wireless network connection.
- Pull the input tray and load A4 sheets or photo papers into it.
- Elevate the scanner lid upwards and place the original document.
- Make sure to remove the previously loaded papers.
- Place the document with the print side facing down.
- Press the Start Copy Black button to generate black copies
- Use the Start Copy Color button to make color copies.
- Check the output tray for the result produced.
- You can assign the number of copies or schedule a copy job later.
- Refer to the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer’s manual to learn more about copying.
HP Officejet 6600 How to Fax?
- Collect the recipient’s information such as caller id and telephone number to initiate faxing on the HP Officejet 6600 printer.
- Load the document that you want to fax in the Automatic Document Feeder(ADF).
- You can load both single or multi-page documents in the ADF tray.
- You need to ascertain that the printer is connected to a router with an active internet connection.
- Press the Black, Color, or Send button to initiate the fax job.
- Dial the receiving fax number on the printer’s control panel.
- It should including the area code, outside line access code, and the long distance country code.
- Confirm that the saved number has required pauses between dials if you are using speed-dial.
- If you hear a busy signal, then the receiver’s fax phone is busy with another task.
- Wait until you hear high-pitched sounds.
- Check the receiver for the faxed document.
HP Officejet 6600 Troubleshooting
Why HP Officejet 6600 Won’t Copy?
- Copying issue on the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer occurs due to invalid Copy commands or using papers that are not supported by the device.
- Ensure that the input tray has sufficient papers to meet the given task.
- Do not copy documents or photos that are not supported by the printer.
- Make sure not to overload the printer with multiple jobs.
- Confirm that the printer can copy and print a given set of docs.
- Make sure to set the number of copies that the printer originally supports.
- Update the printer driver and firmware to the latest version available.
Why HP Officejet 6600 Scanner Not Working?
- Follow the set of steps given below to resolve the HP Officejet 6600 Scanner Not Working error.
- Elevate the scanner lid upwards to check for any jam.
- Clean the scanner glass with a lint-free dry cloth.
- Try to scan and if the issue persists, change the Scan settings.
- Download the HP Scan Extended software from our site.
- Double-click the downloaded file and select the Allow Once option.
- HP Officejet 6600 Setup the software by clicking Yes on the pop-up window.
- Click Start -> All Programs -> HP.
- Select HP Scan Extended and then Run “HP Scan Extended”.
How to Re-Install HP Officejet 6600 Printer Driver?
- Disconnect the Officejet 6600 printer from the network/USB connection.
- Access the Programs and Features menu on your Windows laptop.
- Right-click on the currently installed HP printer from the list.
- Select the Uninstall or Remove option from the drop-down tab.
- Click the Yes or OK icon if a User Account Control message displays.
- Carry out the on-screen directions to complete the driver removal process.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation process completes.
- Download and install the latest version of the driver from our site.
- Continue printing if the issue is resolved, else proceed further.
Check for Ink Smears on the Printouts
- Use an automated tool from HP to resolve the issue.
- Load the printer’s input tray with plain paper.
- Swipe the screen to the left on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Setup icon and then select the Tools option.
- Scroll up and touch the Clean Page Smears option.
- A blank page feeds into the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer slowly.
- Try to print after the blank page ejects completely.
- Check if the issue is resolved, else continue to the next step.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility tool on your Windows computer, installed with the Windows 8, 8.1, or 10. Open the Downloads folder and pick the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Right-click on the file and click the Run as administrator option from the drop-down tab. Continue with the on-screen prompts to finish the software installation. Launch the tool and click Start on the Welcome screen.
- Pick your printer model from the list displayed on the screen. If your printer model fails to display, click Retry until it shows up. Proceed with the on-screen directions to resolve Network connection problems.
- After that, the utility tool prompts you to turn on printer updates. Click Yes and follow the on-screen directions. At the final step, click OK when the pop-up displays, prompting you to set the printer as default.
- The Paper jam error occurs when the papers get jammed in the paper trays or underneath the printer.
- Terminate all the scan or print jobs occurring on the printer.
- Disconnect the printer from power and network/USB connections.
- Tap the Cancel icon on the printer for seventeen seconds.
- The papers start to roll out from the printer’s inside.
- Discard all the old papers and reload the tray with a new paper stack.
- Check if the issue is resolved. If the problem persists, manually remove the jammed papers.
- Pull the paper from the jammed location and remove the bits of torn papers.
- Slide the pick mechanism and eliminate any objects or debris inside the printer.
- Reload the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer input tray and check if the issue is resolved.