HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup
To establish a HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup for the printer, connect it to the network, and install the best printer driver.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer to Wireless on Windows?
Prepare the HP OJ Pro 8710 Printer for Installation
- Collect the network name and password, and check if the printer, router, and computer are switched on.
- If you need details on how to get your network password, refer to the instructions given on this page.
- Your computer and printer have to be connected to the same wireless network, and they should not be connected with a USB or Ethernet cable.
Connect the Printer to the Wireless Network
- Click the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Setup -> Wireless Settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name, tap Ok, click Enter New Network Name, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter WEP or WPA key, and click on Done -> Ok.
- Then download the printer driver from this site, and install it on the computer to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer to Wireless on Mac?
To establish a wireless connection between your Mac computer and printer, connect the printer to a wireless network, and install the latest software.
Prepare for HP OJ Pro 8710 Printer Installation
- Gather the network name and password. To get the network password, refer to the details given on this site.
- Power on the computer, printer, and router. Both the PC and printer should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Move all three devices closer to each other, and remove the Ethernet or USB cable if connected.
Establish HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup
- Select Wireless icon, click Setup, choose Wireless Settings, and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name, tap Ok, and click Enter New Network Name.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key, and select Done -> Ok.
- Download the recent printer driver from this site, and install it on the Mac PC to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup.
How to Find HP Officejet Pro 8710 WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password?
There are three ways to find your wireless WEP, WPA, WPA 2 password.
Locate the password on the router
- Search for the password on your wireless router.
- The password will be indicated as security password, WPA2, WEP key, Wireless key, or similar.
Search the password in Windows
- Right-click the Wireless network tray icon. Choose Open Network and Sharing Center, and click Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click your wireless network name, and tap Status.
- Select Wireless Properties, choose Security, and enable the check-box beside Show characters.
Locate the password in MacOS
- Tap Go in the Finder menu. Select Utilities and open the Keychain Access application.
- Click Local Items in the Keychains list.
- Select Passwords in the Category list.
- Double-click your wireless network name, and click Show password.
- Enter the administrator password and tap Ok.
How to Change HP Officejet Pro 8710 USB Connection to Wireless on Windows?
Either use the HP printer setup & software utility or HP Smart app to change the connection type from USB to HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup.
HP Printer Setup & Software utility
- Search for HP, and select your printer name to open HP Printer Assistant.
- Select Utilities or Tools, choose Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software, and tap Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
HP Smart app
- Search for Make printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly.
- Tap Learn More to begin the conversion.
How to Change HP Officejet Pro 8710 USB Connection to Wireless on Mac?
Either use HP Utility software, or add the wireless printer through System Preferences to change the connection type.
Wireless Setup tool in HP Utility
- Open Finder -> Go -> Applications.
- Double-click HP Folder -> HP Utility.
- Tap Wireless Setup.
Add the printer through System Preferences
- Choose Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The printer’s connection will be converted from USB to wireless.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Direct Setup
- Power on the printer.
- If the computer is running on the Windows 10 OS, tap Settings from the Start menu, choose Devices, and select Printers & Scanners.
- If the PC is running on Windows 8.1, select Devices from the Charms menu.
- Choose Add a printer or scanner. Select Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
- Tap the printer that with DIRECT in its name. Choose Add device to open the WPS PIN window.
- A page prints with the PIN. Otherwise, a connection request message with the PIN appears on the control panel of your printer.
- Type the PIN, click Next, and finish the connection and driver setup.
- Open the document, tap File, and choose Print.
- A list of printers will appear, choose your printer, and tap Print. Now the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup will be completed.