How to 123.hp.com/setup 3830?
123.hp.com/setup 3830 is an All-in-One multi-functional printer that supports Wired, Wireless, and USB connections. It is compatible with the Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, Chrome, and iOS devices. The device has a dimension of 24.3 inches width, 19.9 inches depth, and 11.7 inches height. It weighs approximately 38.8 pounds. Printer has dynamic mobile printing features, duplex printing, and cloud print services.
HP Officejet 3830 Unboxing Setup
Before setting up the printer, ensure that the printer and its accessories are delivered without any damage. If any of the accessories are damaged, request the seller to replace the package.
- Take the printer from the box and keep it on a flat surface. Remove all the blue-colored tapes and other packing materials from the printer.
- Clear all the cardboard pieces, stickers, and Styrofoam sheets from the inside of the printer. Take the accessories out of their covers.
- Build a reliable power connection on the printer using the power cable. Load the input tray with appropriate plain papers.
- Insert the new ink cartridges into the designated ink slots and 123.hp.com/setup 3830 the driver files using the Download link on our site.
- Click the Read More link below to know more about the HP Officejet 3830 printer
HP Officejet 3830 Connections
HP Officejet 3830 AirPrint
AirPrint is a mobile printing application that is solely designed for devices that operate on iOS. Apple devices with iOS version 4.2 or later support AirPrint. Click the Read More link to learn how to connect the printer to AirPrint.
HP Officejet 3830 Printer WiFi
Use the built-in Wireless function on the printer’s control panel to connect it to your computer using the wireless router, which in turn is connected to a WAP. Single-click the Read More link to print docs and photos wirelessly.
HP Officejet 3830 ePrint
HP ePrint is a free print service application that allows you to print wirelessly, provided you have a stable internet connection. Fortunately, the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 printer supports HP ePrint.
HP Officejet 3830 Setup
UNPACK THE PRINTER AND CHECK THE COMPONENTS
- The HP Officejet 3830 printer is delivered in a sealed package when purchased. If the licensed seal is not present or the package is open, replace it.
- Break the seal and open the package. Take the printer’s components one-by-one from the box. A set of original black and tri-color ink cartridges accompany the printer. Make sure they are delivered without damage.
- Take the printer out of the Styrofoam packing and place it on a flat surface. Remove all the stickers and other packing materials around the printer. Open the access cover and clear the cardboard pieces present inside.
- Verify the accessories after unpacking them. The package has the list of contents inscribed on it. Make sure the list matches with that on the seller’s site.
- Check for any damages in the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 printer or the components. If yes, make a complaint via e-mail and replace them.
How to 123.hp.com/setup 3830 Printer Driver?
- The driver software is essential for a printer’s functionality. The printer software can be downloaded and installed using the driver installation CD accompanied with the printer.
- Insert the supplied disc into the DVD drive of the laptop. Establish the network or USB connection between the printer and the laptop in which the disc has been inserted.
- Open the folder containing the driver files. Choose the type and version of the Operating system – either Windows or Mac currently installed in your laptop.
- After opening the desired folder, right-click the setup file and select the ‘Run file’ or Run as administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. If the CD is misplaced, you can download the driver software using the link provided on this site.
HP Officejet 3830 Connect Power Cord and Set your Preferences
- Take the Power cable from its package. Plug the cable into the power port at the rear of the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 printer. Insert the socket-end into a wall power outlet.
- Ensure that the printer receives a uniform current flow without any fluctuations. Long press the Power button on the printer to turn it on. Do not connect the power cable to a surge protector or extension box.
- On the Welcome screen, the printer prompts to set your preferences such as Country/Region, Language, Time, and Date. Refer to the user manual to understand more about the Preferences menu.
- After setting the preferences, tap the OK icon. Open the Control Panel Settings menu on the printer using the navigation menu.
- Scroll down to the lowest part and under the About Device menu, make sure the preferences that you chose are set accordingly.
Load Paper into the HP Officejet 3830 Paper Tray
- The HP Officejet 3830 printer can print on plain papers, legal-size or A3 papers, envelopes, index cards, and photo papers.
- Pull the input tray and re-check for any packing materials. Move the right and left paper width guides outward.
- Load the input tray with a stack of plain papers. Do not overload the tray or load inappropriate papers.
- Slide the paper guides inward until they rest on the stack firmly, and then push the input tray inside the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 printer.
- The printer aligns the paper automatically. Elevate the output tray downwards and continue with the next topic.
How to Install HP Officejet 3830 Cartridges?
- After the printer initialization completes, the printer shifts the carriage from right to left. Halt until the carriage roller turns idle and the printer remains silent.
- The ink cartridge slots are differentiated by respective colors. The tri-color ink slot is colored pink at the top, and the black ink slot is colored in black.
- Take the tri-color cartridge from its cover. Touch only the black-colored plastic region on the ink cartridge and make sure not to touch the copper contacts.
- Tear the orange peel-off sticker to detach it from the cartridge. Open the tri-color ink slot cover and insert the tri-color cartridge into the slot.
- Push the cartridge until it settles in the lock position. Repeat the same step to insert the black ink cartridge, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
HP Officejet 3830 Auto Wireless Connect
HP Auto Wireless Connect technology in the HP Officejet 3830 printer allows the machine to 123.hp.com/setup 3830 to a wireless router automatically. The HP Auto Wireless Connect software is pre-installed with the printer’s operating system. To use this feature, the computer and network configuration you use should meet the following requirements:
- A Windows computer installed with Windows Vista or later.
- A Mac device installed with OSX 10.5 or later.
- A computer connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless router.
- A dynamic IP address (not a static one).
- During the installation process, the printer automatically notifies to use the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature to setup the wireless network connection.
- The device prompts you to choose the connection type. Select the Yes! send my wireless settings to the printer option and tap the OK button.
- In case the wireless network configurations fail to meet the requirements of the HP Auto Wireless Connect software, an alternate wireless setup method will be displayed.
- Before setting up the Auto Wireless Connect, ensure to save your progress because the printer will restart after the software installation.
- Once the entire process completes, you can 123.hp.com/setup 3830 to the wireless network directly without typing the network name and password.
HP OJ 3830 Personal or Home Office
HP Officejet 3830 is a dynamic wireless printer that is suitable for both home and office use. With the Instant Ink scheme, you can print bulk documents at a lower cost. You can print 45 to 50 sheets with one pack of ink. Another advantage is the device’s control panel. You can command and control multiple actions including the number of pages to print/copy and duplex printing. The HP OJ 3830 printer is best suited for smaller work-groups and start-ups due to its compact size and high performance. In the end, it is an affordable and multi-functional printer.
HP Officejet 3830 Printer Performance
HP Officejet 3830 is a touchscreen printer with a standard RAM of 512 MB. It can print both black&white and color documents at an affordable cost. The device supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and Chrome operating systems. It also provides a dynamic scan and fax functionality. The mobile printing functions included in the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 printer are AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, ePrint, and Mopria print Service. There is a power port, a 4 pin USB Type B port, an RJ – 11 port, and a memory card slot. Other features include Distinctive Ring Detection and Automatic Redialing (for Fax).
HP Officejet 3830 Troubleshooting
Common issues that the HP Officejet 3830 printer encounters are offline error, paper or carriage jam error, driver problem, wireless or wired connection error, printer not printing, and much more. To resolve the aforementioned issues, proceed with the troubleshooting solutions provided on this site. You can also contact us for technical solution.
How to Solve HP Officejet 3830 Printer Offline Issue?
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool using the download link provided on this site.
- Install the HPPSDr.exe file from the Downloads folder by running it offline and then launch the tool.
- Click Start on the Welcome screen and pick your printer model from the menu displayed on-screen.
- Single-click the Retry option in case your printer model does not display on your computer screen.
- Continue with instructions on the screen to rectify the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 problems and after that, click OK.
- Go to the lowest part of the page and click the Fix Printing tag. Enable the printer updates after resolving the problem.
How to Clear HP Officejet 3830 Paper and Carriage Jam Error?
- Turn on your HP Officejet 3830 printer and unlock the pin on ink cartridge access hatch.
- Cancel all the ongoing print jobs occurring on the printer. Disable the power and network/USB connections.
- Press the Cancel button on the HP printer repeatedly. The papers start to roll out from the inside of the printer.
- If the issue continues, try removing the jammed paper from the printer using both of your hands.
- Pull the paper from the jammed area and remove the bits of torn papers. Use a torchlight for a clear view inside the printer.
- Move the pick mechanism and remove any objects or debris inside the printer. Reload the input tray and check if the issue is resolved.
Why HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing?
- Power off the printer and halt until the printer turns idle. Disable the printer’s power connection by unplugging the power cable.
- Disconnect the printer from the wireless or USB 123.hp.com/setup 3830. Restart the router or modem (the one you use).
- Power on the HP printer and tap the Wireless button on it. The printer connects to the available network.
- Ensure that the drivers are up-to-date. Check if the issue is solved by printing a test page.
- If the problem is still unresolved, take the printer to an authorized service center to check for hardware problems.
Why HP Officejet 3830 Won’t Scan to PDF?
- Download the HP Scan Extended software from a trusted site. Install the file by running it offline.
- Double-click the setup file and select the Allow Once option. Single-click Yes on the pop-up window and install the software.
- Click Start and navigate to All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run “HP Scan Extended.”.
- Expand the PDF tab by clicking the + sign. Enable the Scan to PDF option and exit the menu.
- Initiate a scan job and check if the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 printer issue is resolved, else, go to the Products Update tab and check for firmware update.