Change from USB to HP Envy 5660 Wireless Setup
During the driver installation process, if you set up your printer with a USB cable connection (using the full feature driver or HP Smart app), you can convert the predefined connection to a HP Envy 5660 Wireless Setup.
How to Change HP Envy 5660 USB to Wireless Connection on Windows?
In a Windows device, you can change the connection type either using the HP Printer Setup & Software utility or the HP Smart app (for Windows 10). Do not disconnect the cable from the printer until the device prompts.
HP Envy 5660 Printer Setup & Software Utility
- Click the Start icon on the menu bar of your Windows device.
- Type HP in the search box and press the Enter button.
- Select your printer’s name from the list displayed.
- The HP Printer Assistant tool opens automatically.
- Expand the Utilities or Tools tab in the top menu bar.
- Click the Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software option.
- Select Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
Disconnect the USB cable from your printer, if prompted. A message displays on the printer’s screen stating that ‘USB changed to Wireless network.’
Launch HP Envy 5660 Printer Smart App
- Launch the HP Smart app and register your printer with it.
- Expand the Home menu on the application’s home screen.
- Select Make printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly.
- Click the Learn More option to begin the guided conversion.
How to Change HP Envy 5660 USB to Wireless Connection on Mac?
In a Mac device, you can change the USB connection to a HP Envy 5660 Wireless Setup through the HP Utility software, or you can add the wireless printer under the System Preferences menu.
HP Envy 5660 Wireless Setup Tool in HP Utility
- Click the Apple icon and open Finder on your Mac computer.
- Single-tap the Go option in the top menu bar.
- Expand the Applications menu and double-click the HP folder.
- Double-click the HP Utility software from the list.
- Wait until the All Settings tab pops up automatically.
- Click the Wireless Setup option to launch the utility software.
If Wireless Setup is not present, proceed with the forthcoming steps to add the printer using System Preferences.
Add the HP Envy 5660 Printer Through System Preferences
- Tap the Setup icon on the HP printer’s control panel.
- Select the Network or Wireless menu on the next screen.
- Pick the Wireless Setup Wizard option to connect the printer.
- Continue with the on-screen guidelines to finish the HP Envy 5660 Wireless Setup process.
For printers with a touchscreen or LCD:
What is HP Envy 5660 Wireless Direct?
HP Wireless Direct is a software that allows you to connect the HP Envy 5660 printer to your laptop or mobile directly, without associating the printer to a local area network or the Internet. After the HP Wireless Direct software is enabled, you can print docs and photos from the printer.
HP Envy 5660 Print using Wi-Fi Direct
- Connect the HP Envy 5660 printer to a power source and turn it on.
- Access to the Control Panel settings on your printer.
- Scroll to the Wireless Settings or Network Setup menu.
- Navigate down and select the Wireless Direct option.
- Tap the toggle switch on top to enable the Wi-Fi Direct app.
- Select the On with security option to encrypt the wireless connection.
- Take a note of the encryption key and tap the OK icon.
- Wake the screen on your mobile and turn on the Wireless function.
- Select HP-Print-xx-[HP Officejet Pro 8630] from the list.
- Open the photo you want to take a print of and tap the Share icon.
- Select the Print option from the action menu.
- Choose your printer name from the list displayed and tap Print. Now the HP Envy 5660 Wireless Setup – Wi-Fi Direct.