Quick HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
Guidelines for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup from our technical experts.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer to Wireless using Wi-Fi?
- You can establish a wireless connection using the Wireless option on the control panel of the printer or the network feature in the driver software.
- Before starting the setup, check if the wireless network is working properly.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to the network to which you are going to link your printer.
- While connecting the printer, you will be prompted to provide the network name and password.
- The wireless password prevents your network from other devices which are trying to connect to your network.
- If you did not change the network name or password, change them by using the guidelines provided in the manual.
- Power up the printer if it is turned off.
- Wait until the printer becomes idle. On the control panel, touch the Wireless option which is located at the top of the screen. Go to Settings and select the Wireless Settings feature.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Go through the guidelines on the screen and complete the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup. If you are already using the printer linked with a cable, change the connection type using the steps below.
- Type the name of your printer in the search bar and click on it in the result. Go to Tools and select Device Setup & Software.
- Now select the Convert A USB Connected Printer To Wireless option. Follow the guidelines on the screen and complete the setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Direct Vs Wi-Fi Direct
In the Wi-fi Direct option, the security key of a network is required to connect the devices. For connecting using HP Wireless Direct, the WPA2 key of a network is not needed. Both the Wi-fi Direct and Wireless Direct option are capable of connecting with a maximum of 5 devices at the same time. Using the Wi-Fi Direct option, you can connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer automatically. There are two methods in the Direct option. They are Pushbutton and PIN. You can connect your device automatically by using the Pushbutton method. The PIN method requires a security key. The procedure to establish a HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup by using the Wireless Direct and Wi-Fi Direct methods do not vary.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Auto Wireless Connect
- Follow the forthcoming steps to connect your printer to the network of a router or an access point automatically.
- On the control panel of your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, enable the Wi-Fi Direct option. Select the Automatic button.
- Also, turn on the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your Android device. This feature is applicable only for Android devices of version 1.0.48 and later.
- Choose the document or photo you want to print on your Android. Go to Menu and click on the Print option. Select the name of your printer which starts with Direct.
- Now your mobile connects to the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer automatically. After connecting the devices, you can perform all the functions of the printer.
How to Change from USB to HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup?
- You can change the connection type of the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to the wireless method by using the driver software of the printer.
- Follow the forthcoming steps to change the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup to Ethernet.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the appropriate port of the printer and computer.
- On the operation panel of the printer, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Proceed with the guidelines on the screen and complete the setup.
- Go through the following guidelines to change the USB connection method to wireless on your Windows system.
- Type the name of your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer in the search bar and click on it.
- Go to Tools and click Device Setup & Software. Click on the Convert A USB Connected Printer To Wireless option. Follow the instructions on the screen and complete the setup.
- For a Mac device, click on the Finder option which is located at the top of the screen.
- Tap Go in the menu bar and select Applications. Double-click on the HP Folder and select HP Utility. Under the All Settings app, tap Wireless Setup to open the utility for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup. On the control panel of the printer, go to the Wireless menu and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Go to System Preferences on your computer, and click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to the computer using the Add Printer or Scanner option that displays on the screen.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup using Bluetooth Smart
- The Bluetooth Smart option lets you print wirelessly.
- Follow the forthcoming steps to set your printer using Bluetooth Smart.
- Tap the Bluetooth button on your printer.
- If the Bluetooth button is not found, you can enable its option on the control panel of the printer.
- On the operation panel, touch Settings and select the Bluetooth option.
- Now go to the Bluetooth settings on the computer or mobile and enable it.
- Wait until the name of your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer displays in the list of discoverable devices. Choose the name of your printer and pair the devices.
- Now, you can perform all the functions and HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup of your printer.