Easy HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless Setup
Get our steps for HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless Setup on your printer.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless on Windows?
- Wireless connection of the printer requires a printer, router, and a computer with the printer driver installed. Make sure that the router that you use is 2.5 GHz and not 5 GHz router.
- Connect the power cable of the router to the wall socket and not to any other power sources. If it is connected to any other connection, it may malfunction.
- Wait until the connectivity lights on the printer are stable. If the connectivity lights on the printer are not stable, you can check the connected cables with the router.
- The router should be connected to the printer. To connect it, go to the printer settings and select it. After choosing it, select the network settings by scrolling down using the on-screen keys of the printer.
- Use the keys and choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option. It searches for the nearby available networks. Pick the network from the list and click Connect. Enter the network details of the printer like the password to get connected. Check the password of the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless Setup before entering as it is case-sensitive.
- Click Connect to establish a connection with the printer. After doing so, check the network light of the printer. If the light turns solid, it is an indication that the connection is successful.
- Connect the printer to an active internet connection which helps the printer in downloading the printer driver. Go to the Wi-Fi option on your computer and enable it.
- The computer searches for the nearby available networks. Select your network’s name from the list and click Connect.
- Enter the network credentials of the printer to get connected. Go to the manufacturer’s website and search your product.
- From the list, select your printer model. Choose the driver package that you prefer to download and click Download.
- If you choose the Full Feature driver, it takes a lot of time to complete the download.
- Find and locate the place where the file is downloaded and double-click on it to begin the wireless connection of the printer.
- The installer opens and prompts you to choose the language in which you wish to proceed the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless Setup. Select the desired language from the list and click Next.
- Agree to the terms and conditions for the driver installation on the printer. In the next step, select the type in which you wish to establish the printer connection. Choose Wireless and click connect.
- The computer displays the list of printers which are connected to the same network as that of the computer. Choose your printer from the list and enter the passcode to get connected.
- After performing all these printer operations, you will be able to print documents using the printer. Test the wireless connection by printing a test document.
- If the printer prints a document, it means that the printer is connected to the correct network and you can perform printing operations using your OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless on Mac?
- The driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 can be downloaded for free from our website. Please go to the driver downloads tab on our website and click it. Select your printer model and the series of your printer.
- Make sure that you select the Operating System of your computer. Sometimes, the OS is selected automatically by the servers. After selecting all the required parameters, you can click the Download button on our website.
- Be idle until the file gets downloaded completely. Right-click and click Run on the downloaded file to begin the driver installation. The printer driver can be installed by following the on-screen instructions of the installer.
- Select the language for the driver installation and agree to the terms and conditions of the installer.
- If the installer prompts you to select the region and time, select it. Make sure that you choose the type of connection as per your preference.
- If the connection type is Wireless, turn on the router and ensure that it is active. The HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless Setup has two parts. The first one is to connect the printer to the computer and printer, and the other is to download and install the printer driver. Turn on the printer and press the Wireless button. The LAN settings open when the Wireless switch is pressed. Select Wireless LAN and choose LAN setup.
- Tap Easy Wireless Connect and choose Yes. The printer gets prepared automatically after completing the connection. Download the setup file from our website.
- Run the M4setup.exe setup file from the downloaded location. Click Start setup and select Next. Enter the Mac username and password to select the Helper tool. Choose your region or location and continue.
- Agree to the license agreement by pressing Yes. Choose the wireless connection method. Enter the network password to connect with it.
- Complete the process of driver installation by following the on-screen prompts of the printer. After completing the driver installation, click Finish.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 USB to Wireless Connection
Go to the search bar of your printer and enter the model number. When you enter the name, it shows up in the printer model list and you can select it from there. Open the Printer Assistant application and choose the Tools option from the list. After selecting it, you can go and select the Device setup and Software option. Run the setup file and after that click Allow. Choose Convert a USB connection to Wireless connection. After choosing the option, a reconfirming prompt appears on the computer’s screen. When the prompt appears, choose Allow and it prompts you to enter the password for the connection. Enter the password for HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wireless Setup. The setup begins the process and ends after some time. Click Finish after the installation. Test the connectivity between them by printing a test document.