123.hp.com/ojpro8620 Printer Setup
123.hp.com/ojpro8620 is an All-in-One printing device that can efficiently print, scan, and copy. The printer uses the Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet technology for printing. It can be connected to your device over both wired and wireless connections. The mobile printing solution supported by the printer is AirPrint and ePrint which enable users to print from any mobile device connected to the Internet.
How to Install HP Officejet Pro 8620?
- Lift the printer from the packaging box and place it on a flat surface. Make sure the cardboard box contains an Ethernet cable, ink cartridges, a power cable, a setup disc, and other documents.
- Clear all the packaging material from the printer. Now connect the printer to the wall outlet using the power cord supplied along with the printer.
- Remove the sticker on the control panel and place your fingers into the slot on the left of the printer and pull the cartridge access door.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer and set your country name, region, date, and time on the control panel.
- Take the duplexer out and peel off the tapes. Turn the printer such that the rear of the printer is toward you. Hold the duplexer on its sides with the rollers facing toward the printer. Insert the duplexer into the printer and push it inside until it clicks to a position.
- Optionally insert the tray 2 into the printer’ s rear.
- Unwrap the power cable. Plug one end of the cable into the rear of the printer and the other end to the wall outlet. Press the Power button on your HP printer.
- Set your country name, region, date & time, and other preferences on the printer’s control panel. Touch Done once you are done with setting your preferences.
- The next step is the loading of paper. Pull the Tray 1 from beneath the printer and slide the paper width guides out to the extreme ends.
- Place plain paper in the tray. The 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer supports A4 size paper, envelopes, legal size, photo papers, and cards.
- Adjust the paper width guides such that they rest at the edge of the paper. Make sure the stack of paper is held firmly. Now re-insert the Tray 1 into the printer.
- Draw the output tray extender from the printer and lift the paper catch. Paper can also be loaded into the Tray 2.
- Pull the ink cartridge access door and wait for the printer to become idle. Now unwrap the new ink cartridge and remove the plastic tape without touching the nozzles or contacts.
- Hold the new cartridge by its sides and insert it into the appropriate slot. Push the cartridge into the printer until it snaps into place. Repeat the steps to load the other cartridges.
- The color on the slot should match with that of the ink cartridge. Now close the cartridge access door. Wait until the 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer aligns the installed ink cartridges and print an alignment page.
Install Printer Driver HP Officejet Pro 8620
- Do not establish a connection between the printer and your computer. Insert the setup disc into the computer’s disc drive and run the setup files using the installation wizard. In case the driver is not compatible with the computer’s operating system, click the link provided below to download the driver.
- Open the Downloads folder present on your computer and locate the .exe file if your computer runs on Windows, and look for the .dmg file if you are a Mac user.
- Double-click the setup files to begin the driver installation. Follow the instructions appearing on the installer screen.
- Read the installation agreements and settings and select the ‘I have reviewed and accepted the installation agreements and settings’ checkbox. Click Next. The installation begins. If you want to cancel the installation, tap the Cancel option. Wait for the process to complete.
- Choose a method for setting up the printer; select Network or USB connection from the Connection Options. The driver will automatically detect the printer and connect it to your computer if you select the Automatic Setup option.
- You can choose the mode of connection to be established if you click on the Manual Setup option. Click Next after clicking the desired Setup mode.
- You can also make use of the HP Easy Start application for installing the driver on your Mac computer. Open the application and follow the prompts displayed on it to complete the installation.
- Now, connect the printer and computer according to the connection type that you have chosen. The computer will now detect the 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer. Try to print a document to verify the connection.