HOW TO SETUP THE HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 PRINTER
UNLOAD THE PRINTER AND ITS ACCESSORIES
- When purchased, the HP Officejet Pro 8720 is delivered in a sealed box. In case the seal is found broken or the package is opened, request the seller to replace the shipment with a new one.
- Break the seal and open the box. Take the user manual out of it. Use this guide for a detailed description of the printer. Next, take the power cable out and use it for establishing a reliable power connection.
- The printer is accompanied by a set of black and tri-color ink cartridges. Take the ink cartridges out of the printer and check whether the serial number matches. Take the driver installation disc out of its packing.
- Take the printer out of the Styrofoam packing and place it on a flat surface. Clear all the tapes and other packing materials from the printer. Unlock the pin on the access cover and open it. Remove the cardboard pieces present inside.
CHECK THE PRINTER ACCESSORIES
- Open the seller’s website and download the file comprising the list of accessories of the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- The printer package has a list of components inscribed on it. Check whether both the listings match with each other.
- Check for damages in the accessories. Verify the cables and the ink cartridges. If any of the components found are damaged, request the seller to replace them.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from their packing and ensure that they are sealed and also check the ink level.
- Connect the power cable to the HP printer and a power supply and check if any voltage fluctuation occurs.
LOAD PAPER INTO THE PAPER TRAY
- Refer to the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer manual to get information on the supported paper types.
- Take a stack of plain sheets or photo papers. Hold the printer’s input tray handle and elevate it.
- Move both the left and right paper width guides to their maximum limit. Take the stack and place it in the tray.
- Do not overload the input tray. Tow in the paper guides until they recline on the stack and push the tray in.
- After loading, the printer displays the main input tray’s status and capacity. Press the OK icon and start printing.
INSTALL THE INK CARTRIDGES
- Check whether the ink cartridges are delivered without leaks.
- Switch on the HP printer and unlock the cartridge access panel.
- Halt until the carriage shifts to the center and turns idle.
- Open the ink slot covers and hold them steady.
- Take the new cartridges out of their packing.
- Pull the peel-off tab to detach it from the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Close the access hatch and the printer self-aligns the cartridges.
- An alignment page is printed from the printer.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- Download the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer drivers from our site for free.
- Click the Driver Download icon or link provided below.
- Ensure that the website redirects to the Downloads page.
- Click the Reload button if the website does not redirect automatically.
- A list of driver files displays on the upcoming screen.
- Browse the list and locate the latest driver available.
- Click the Download option next to the selected file.
- Choose the destination folder for the file to be saved and click OK.
- The file downloads and saves on your computer.
- Install the driver by following a guided procedure.
INSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER
- Download the apt driver file for your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- Refer to the Driver Download topic for elaborate instructions.
- Open the folder on your computer in which the file is saved.
- Identify the setup file from the list and right-click on it.
- Open the Run as administrator option from the drop-down list.
- Single-click Yes/OK on the pop-up window that appears on the next screen.
- Proceed with guidelines on the forthcoming windows.
- Click Yes whenever a Confirmation window pops up.
- At the final step, click the checkbox to accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Initiate a print job on the printer and start printing.
HP ePrint is a cloud-based feature that helps you print from anywhere in the world or On The Go, provided you have an active internet connection. The ePrint function secures your information by following many protocols.
HOW TO DO
Send the doc or photo you want to print as an email attachment directly to the printer.
GET THE HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 PRINTER’S EMAIL ADDRESS
Power on your printer and load the input tray with a plain paper. Ensure that the ink cartridges are correctly installed and above the normal level. Browse and select the HP ePrint icon on the printer’s control panel. Go to the bottom and tap the Setup option. Proceed with prompts on the screen to activate the Web Services.
If the ePrint icon is not provided, open the Control Panel Settings menu on your printer. Surf through the page and select the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings menu. Turn on the Web Services by following the directions on the screen (this method is for printers with text-based displays).
Tap the Print or Print Info icon after the Web Services function activates. The printer prints an information page that comprises the printer’s email address. Also, the email address displays on the printer’s control panel. Note down the mail id and select Exit to exit the Web Services menu.
HOW TO PRINT FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- Connect your printer to a network source.
- Launch a mail application on your computer.
- Compose a new mail by tapping the desired icon.
- Type the printer’s email id in the To field.
- Enter a subject in the email subject line.
- Attach a document or photo to the email.
- Click Send and the printer prints the attachment.
HOW TO PRINT A WEBPAGE
- Load the web page that you want to print, on your computer.
- Press the Ctrl and A buttons together to select the content.
- Tap the Ctrl + C keys to copy the selected content.
- Open a new empty doc and paste the copied content in it.
- Save the document to a local folder on your computer.
- Attach the doc as an email and send it to the printer to print.
HOW TO PRINT AN EMAIL
- Load the email on your computer that you want to print.
- Click the Forward option (->) on the email layout.
- Fill the printer’s email address in the To column.
- Click Send and the printer prints your email.
AirPrint is a mobile printing software embedded with Apple iOS version 4.2 and later mobile operating systems. You can print from an iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch to the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer, connected over a wireless network connection.
REQUIREMENTS TO PRINT WITH AIRPRINT
- Apple devices running with iOS v4.2 or later.
- An AirPrint-compatible HP printer.
- A wireless connection between the printer and the Apple device.
SETTING UP THE AIRPRINT FUNCTIONALITY
- Unplug the USB cable from the HP printer, if connected before.
- Activate your printer’s Wireless feature after powering it on.
- Associate it with your router that is connected to a WAP.
- Assure that the WAP has an active internet connection.
- Turn on the Wireless function on your Apple device.
- Link it to the same router to which the printer is connected.
HOW TO PRINT
- Load appropriate papers into the printer’s input tray.
- Open the document in the application that you want to print from.
- Touch the Share or Menu icon and select the Print option.
- If there is no Share icon present, open the doc in another application.
- Touch the Select Printer option and choose your printer model.
- Choose the no. of copies to be printed and which pages are to be printed first.
- Tap the Print option on the top-right corner of the screen.
- The document prints from your HP Officejet 8720 printer.