HP OFFICEJET 100
If you have purchased a new printer, first unbox it using the step-wise instructions given on this page. This page comprises instructions on setting the preferences, loading paper, installing the ink cartridges, and printer software installation.
- Remove the new HP Officejet 100 printer from the cardboard box and discard all the packing materials from both outside and inside the printer. Keep all the packing materials eliminated from the Officejet 100 for recycling. Look for the control panel on your device and remove the sticker from it.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and look for the packing materials inside it. If present, then remove them completely. All these packing materials should be recycled after closing the ink cartridge access door. After unpacking the printer, continue with the instructions of installing the duplexer.
- Look for the duplexer in the box and take it out of its packing material. The tape should be removed from the duplexer. The printer should be turned in such a way that the rear should face you. Hold the duplexer on both of its sides and place it into the slot in the rear of the printer.
- Until the duplexer fixes properly in its place, push it into the HP Officejet 100 printer. Rotate the printer again and check if the front side is facing towards you. The printer comes with a tray 2 as an optional. Take the tray 2 out from the box and discard the packing material from inside it.
- Keep the tray on an even surface and lift the printer. Then place the HP printer on top of the paper tray. Check if you have fixed the printer correctly on the paper tray. After completing the above step, continue with the process of connecting the power cord and setting the preferences on the control panel of the printer.
- After connecting the power cord to the HP Officejet 100 printer, switch it on. Click on the preferred language on the printer’s control panel and select the Continue option. Tap the specific Country/Region and then click Continue. Select the Date and Time and choose Done.
- To place the paper into the tray 1, follow these instructions. Hold the underside of tray 1 to pull it out. The paper width guides should be adjusted. Hold the set of plain paper and place it into the tray and check if the print side is facing down.
- If you need, slide the paper width guides inward and push the tray toward the printer. After pulling out the output tray extender, lift the paper catch. After completing this step, continue with the instructions to place the media into tray 2.
- Hold the underside of tray 2 and pull out the tray. After adjusting the paper width guides, place the stack of plain paper into the tray. Make sure the print side is down. Then slide in the paper width guides and reinsert the tray. Pull the output tray extender outwards and raise the paper catch.
- Open the cartridge access door of your device and check if the printer remains silent. Remove the new ink cartridge from its package and install it into the slot. The ink cartridge should be pushed forward. Then make sure the cartridge is fixed properly in its place. Repeat the same above steps to install any other ink cartridges. Wait until the printer aligns the ink cartridges after closing the cartridge access door.
- Start the software installation process for your printer after the alignment page is printed. The printer’s installation CD will be present in the cardboard box. Install the printer software on your computer using this CD.
- Look for the installation CD in the box and load it into the computer’s drive. Then go with the on-screen instructions and complete the setup. If instructed, select the mode of connection during the installation process.
- If the printer’s installation CD is unavailable, click the download link given on this site. The compatible printer driver downloads on the Windows or Mac computer.
- After the download process finishes, double-click the downloaded file and begin installing it on the computer. Continue with the prompts on the screen and select the connection type if instructed. Select the Wireless option to establish a wireless connection between the printer and the computer. Click on USB to connect the printer and PC on a USB connection.
- After completing all the on-screen prompts, finish the printer driver installation. After finishing all the above instructions, the printer setup also gets complete. To avail any help or need more details on the printer setup, get the guidance of the manual that came with the printer. Download the updated manual from this site if the printer’s user guide is lost or unavailable.
- If the printer setup is complete but you are unable to operate the device, or the printer is not switching on, then dial the Toll-free number to avail the technical support. The Toll-free number is available on this page.