HP Officejet 4650 printer
The HP Officejet 4650 printer prints borderless documents or images from smartphones, tablets, or computers installed with any operating system. You can connect your printer and computer easily by using a network. The Automatic Two-sided Printing option of the printer saves your time.
- Connection methods supported: Ethernet, Wireless, USB, Wi-fi Direct, and HP Smart application.
- Paper handling capacities: input tray – 100 sheets of plain paper, input tray – 25 papers for output tray.
- Print resolution: 1200×600 dots per inch (dpi) in black and 4800×1200 dpi for color.
- Scan resolution: 1200×1200 pixels per inch (ppi).
- Maximum scan size: 216×356 mm for glass and ADF.
- Scan options: scan to email and PC.
- Duty cycle: 1200 ppm (papers per month).
- Language used: HP PCL 3 GUI.
- Printing method: Drop-on-demand inkjet printing.
- Functions: Copy, Scan and Fax.
- Mobile printing solutions: Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, and Mopria Print Service.
The HP Officejet 4650 printer is a stunning well-designed user-friendly printer which prints high-quality documents and images quickly. If the ink level of the cartridges goes low, your printer will order a new one automatically. It is very easy to set up your printer. You can do all the functions of the HP Officejet 4650 printer quickly.
Setting up the HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Once you purchase the HP Officejet 4650 printer, ensure its box is sealed properly.
- Unpack the box and take the HP printer out.
- Remove the protective tapes and packing materials from the printer.
- Check if the printer’s components are enclosed in its package.
- The printer components contain a power cable, USB cord, software CD, manual etc.
- Attach the power cord to the HP printer and power supply.
- Never connect the cord using a surge protector as it produces power fluctuations.
- Set the preferences based on your requirements on the control panel of the HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- Load suitable plain white papers into the input tray.
- Arrange the cartridges using an alignment page.
- Download and launch the latest version of the HP printer driver that is compatible with the operating system version of your computer or laptop.
Drive & Manual
The software of the HP Officejet 4650 printer is used to perform all its functions from a computer or laptop. Download the driver from the software CD given with the printer, or the link provided in this page. This site provides the driver for free.
The manual of the printer has the instructions to set your HP Officejet printer. You can get a solution to solve all the issues that occur in your HP Officejet 4650 printer. The hard copy of the printer’s manual is provided in the printer box. You can also download it from the link provided on this page. Click on the link and initialize the download process.
Services we offer?
You can contact our technical support team using the toll-free number provided on this page. You can avail instructions to set up the HP Officejet printer and solve its problem using the Voice option.
Utilizing chat support, you can send your queries regarding the HP Officejet 4650 printer and get a quick solution.
You can mail the issues in your HP Officejet 4650 printer using the Email support option. Our technical support team will provide you guidance in solving issues with your printer by replying to your mail.
Connection setup in HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Take the USB cable provided in the printer.
- The cable is linked while installing the HP Officejet 4650 printer driver software.
- Attach one end of the supplied cord to the respective port of the HP printer, and the other end to your computer or laptop to which you want to connect.
- Do not use a USB hub or station to link the devices as it affects the printer functions.
- You can also attach the cable after launching the driver software by setting the USB configuration on the control panel of your printer.
- You can link your HP Officejet 4650 printer wirelessly using the HP Wireless Direct feature, or the Automatic Wireless option.
- Some applications like the Apple AirPrint, HP Smart app, and HP Print for Chrome App are also used to link the devices.
- You can use the Wireless Direct feature with or without the password of a network to which you want to link your HP printer and computer.
- Always connect your printer and computer to the same network router or access point. Else, directly connect the HP Officejet printer to a computer that has an active internet connection.
The HP Officejet 4650 printer performs functions like printing, scanning, faxing, and copying. The additional features of the printer are Mobile Printing, Automatic Paper sensor, and Scan To Email or PC.
How to print with HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Utilize the Print option in the driver software of the HP Officejet 4650 printer to do the printing function.
- The features that assist to print with your printer are HP Smart app, Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, HP Print for Chrome App, HP Aio Remote app etc.
- The applications are utilized based on the device to which you are going to connect your printer.
- The Mopria Print Service is used to print from an Android device.
- The Apple AirPrint feature is mainly used to print from Apple and iOS devices.
- Download and launch a suitable app on your mobile.
- Carry out the guidelines on the screen to do perform different functions of the HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- You can avail the app from the Google Play Store application on your Android, or the Apple Store for iOS and Mac systems.
How to copy with the HP Officejet 4650 printer
- The Copy feature of the printer can be performed by following the guidelines on this site.
- Place the original document to be scanned on the scanner glass and start the Copy function by pressing the Black or Color button present on the operation panel of the HP Officejet 4650 printer.
How to scan with the HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Scan function can be performed either by using the Scan button on the operation panel of the printer or its option in the driver settings.
- The supporting features to perform the scan function are HP Smart app and HP Embedded Web Server.
- You can scan any document or photo from Google Drive by signing in to your account.
- The instructions to scan may slightly vary based on the operating system and its version.
How to fax with the HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Faxing feature requires a traditional landline telephone service.
- Faxing is safer than sending documents or photos using email or postal mail.
- Carry out the guidelines in this site to send and receive a fax with your HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- The mobile printing feature that supports mobile printing with the HP Officejet 4650 printer are Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, HP ePrint and Wireless Direct printing.
- Apple AirPrint is utilized to perform the printer’s function from the Mac or iOS device.
- The HP ePrint app assists you to mail the document or image to your printer’s email account in order to perform print jobs.
- Mopria Print Service is used for Android devices.
- HP ePrint is a secured cloud-based feature that assists you print from anywhere by using an active internet connection.
- Mail the document or photo to print directly to your HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- The mail address is found under the ePrint option on the control panel of the printer.
- Touch the Setup menu on the operation panel. Follow the guidelines on the screen and enable Web Services. Select Print Info.
- Now the email address of the printer appears on its control panel.
- The email address is also found on the Info page printed by the printer.
- You can also perform print functions from your computer, Chromebook, Smartphone, or tablet by using the ePrint option.
The AirPrint feature is compatible with Apple devices of version 4.2 and later. You can print from an iPad, iPhone or iPod that is linked to the printer through a wireless network. Download and install the AirPrint app from the Apple Store on the iOS or Mac device.
Google Cloud Print feature
Printer functions can be performed utilizing the Google Cloud Print feature by connecting your computer with the Chrome browser or Google app. Cloud Print is a service which is used to print documents or photos securely from any network linked to the HP Officejet 4650 printer. No additional software is needed to perform while utilizing the Google Cloud Print option.
Solutions to fix the HP Officejet 4650 printer offline issue
- The printer offline problem occurs due to a poor connection between the HP Officejet 4650 printer and computer.
- If you link the devices using a wired connection, ensure the cable is attached to the appropriate port of the HP Officejet 4650 printer and computer.
- To connect using the wireless method, link the printer and computer to the same network of a router or access point.
- You can link your HP printer directly to the computer with an active internet connection.
- Also, download and launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve the problem.
- If the issue continues, reset the HP Officejet 4650 printer and computer.
Issues with the ink cartridges of the printer
- Always use genuine HP ink cartridges that suit your printer.
- You can get ink cartridges from HP Store.
- Check if the cartridge is inserted into the respective slot of the printer.
- Take the cartridges from the printer and check for damage on its surface.
- If the cartridge is damaged, replace it.
- If the issue persists, clean the contacts of the cartridges utilizing a lint-free cloth soaked in glass cleaner. Go through the guidelines on this page for more solutions.
Solution to fix the Scanning issue with the HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Scanning issues are known by the error message that displays on the computer’s display or operation panel of the printer.
- To solve the problem, check the hardware and software of the HP printer.
- Ensure the scanner bar is working properly.
- Also, verify the scan settings in the software of the printer.
- Press the Copy button located on the control panel of the printer.
- Check whether the scanner light is lit.
Guidelines to fix the HP Officejet printer not turning on issue
This problem mainly occurs due to poor electrical connection to the HP Officejet 4650 printer. Make sure the power cable is plugged to the appropriate port of the HP Officejet 4650 printer, and an electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector to link the power cable as it produces power fluctuations. Make sure the power cord is undamaged. After linking the cable, turn on the printer by force pressing its power button. If the issue continues, service the HP Officejet 4650 printer. You can check the warranty of the printer in the manual that comes with the printer package.
Solution to fix the lines or color bands while copying
Lines or color band issues occur because of fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris. Wipe the document feeder using a lint-free cloth with glass cleaner. Reset the HP Officejet 4650 printer using a suitable option on its control panel. Check if the input tray is loaded with enough white papers. Install the cartridges into the respective slots of the HP Officejet 4650 printer. Reset your computer which is connected to the printer. Check for any damages on the cartridge. Clean the printhead surface using a lint-free cloth soaked in glass cleaner or distilled water. Perform a print job and check if the issue has solved.