Instant HP Officejet 7610 Wireless Setup
Perform the below HP Officejet 7610 Wireless Setup steps to connect your Windows computer or Mac device to a Wireless network.
- Before setting up the connection to a network, check with the below requirements:
- Ensure that you have a Network Name.
- Ascertain that you have a password to access the network.
- Confirm that you are connected to fast internet access to download software. You can do so by using Web services and getting printer updates.
- Ascertain that the computer and router are turned on and connected to the same network.
- Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cables if already connected.
How to Connect HP Officejet 7610 Printer to Network?
- Tap the Wireless icon and then the Settings option on the Control Panel.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your network and enter the network password to set up the HP Officejet 7610 Wireless Setup.
- If you could not find your network, then select the Manual network option and add your network manually.
- If you do not have the password in a windows computer,
- Right click on the Wireless network tray icon then select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Change Adapter Settings, right click on your wireless network name and select Status.
- Click the wireless properties option and tap the Security tab then select the Show characters check box to see the wireless network’s password.
- To find the password for a Mac computer,
- Click the Go option in the Finder menu, click Utilities and then tap the Keychain Access application.
- Select the Local Items from the keychains list. Select Passwords in the category list.
- Double-tap on the wireless network’s name and select the Show password checkbox.
- Type the administrator password and click OK, if prompted.
No HP Officejet 7610 Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change
Follow the below steps to reconnect to a previously installed wireless printer if the Internet Service Provider has changed or you have purchased a new router. Perform the below steps to reconfigure the network settings.
- Select the Wireless icon from the home screen of your printer’s control panel and tap the Setup icon.
- Tap the Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings option and then select the Yes option to confirm your selection.
- The Default network settings will be restored.
- When the restore process completes, touch the back arrow, tap the Wireless Settings option and then select HP Officejet 7610 Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The Printer searches for the wireless network which are available, select your wireless network from the list.
- If your wireless network is not available in the list of networks, touch Enter New Network Name. Type the exact name of your network, enter the WEP or WPA key and tap Done.
- If you do not know the password, find the password of your network to access it. If the printer gets connected to the network, the blue wireless light on the control panel turns on.
- If the connection has failed, print a Wireless Network Test Report for further assistance.
Check Connectivity using HP Print or Scan Doctor
Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. Click on Start and select your printer. If the connection problem persists, follow on-screen instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor. If prompted set your printer as default and tap Yes to continue. If the printer goes offline, try to restart the printer, disconnect the network settings and then shutdown your computer.
While using a wireless connection, disconnect the router & power cord, wait for 10 seconds and then reconnect the power cord to the router. Wait a until the router’s network light starts to blink. Connect to the wireless network, turn on the computer and reconnect the power cord with the printer turned on. Try using your printer after successfully HP Officejet 7610 Wireless Setup is done.