HP Officejet Pro 8610 Ink Cartridges
HP Officejet Pro 8610 Ink Cartridges are the containers that contain ink in them which can be used for printing and copying. Without installing the ink cartridges, the printer cannot print or perform any functions. They are mainly used in Inkjet printers to print and not in LaserJet printers. They need replacement from time to time.
Install Ink Cartridge HP Officejet Pro 8610
- Ink cartridges should be installed in your printer to print. Usage of genuine cartridges is recommended by HP. Using duplicate cartridges will lead to malfunctioning of the printer.
- Plug in the provided power cord to the wall power supply and the other end to the printer. Switch on the printer by long pressing the Power button.
- Set the preferences such as language, time, date, and country/region and save it to make the printer function as per the settings.
- There is a slot present on the left side of the printer. Place your fingers in the slot and open the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Ink Cartridges access door. The carriage slot moves to one side of the printer. Wait till the printer becomes idle.
- Unwrap the new cartridges from its package. Remove the orange tapes and cap from the cartridge.
- There are two cartridges, a black cartridge, and a tri-color cartridge. Insert the cartridges in the respective slots. The black cartridge slot is indicated with a black dot, and the tri-color cartridge is denoted with a color dot.
- Insert the cartridge into its slot and press gently until it clicks.
HP Officejet Pro 8610 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Ink cartridges should be replaced if the ink level is low or if there are any leakage issues. HP advises the use of standard HP cartridges.
- There are two types of cartridges, a normal standard cartridge, and the high yield cartridge. The difference between the two is that high yield cartridges give an increased number of outputs than the standard HP Officejet Pro 8610 Ink Cartridges. The quality is the same for both.
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer by pressing the Power button. Your fingers should be placed in the slot present on the left side of the printer, and lift it to open the cartridge access door.
- The carriage slot will move to one side of your printer. The slots for inserting the cartridges will be present there.
- The black cartridge slot is indicated with a black dot whereas the tri-color is represented by a colored dot. Unpack the cartridges from its cover.
- Slide the cartridges in its slot after confirming the correct slots. Press it gently until it clicks properly.
- If you are a part of the HP Instant Ink plan, then your ink levels will be monitored constantly, and the new cartridges will be sent to you on time.
How to Replace Faulty HP Officejet Pro 8610 Printhead?
- The faulty printhead can be replaced easily by following the procedure given here. You can order your cartridges online from the HP How to Buy website. Choose your preferred language.
- The first step is to discard the cartridges and the printhead from the printer. Turn on the HP printer if it is not already switched on. Insert your fingers in the slot that is present on the left side of the printer. Lift it to open the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer becomes silent and the carriage slot moves to the other end of the printer.
- A latch handle will be present on the carriage. Raise it. Hold the printhead by its side, lift it, and pull it gently towards you. Removal of the printhead after removing the ink cartridges should not be done. Take out the printhead along with the cartridges in it.
- Open the new printhead and insert the cartridges in the printhead. Place the printhead back in its position and close the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Ink Cartridges access door.