Instant HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup
Get our easy steps for HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup from our technical experts.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8610 Printer to Wireless on Mac?
- Follow the upcoming topics to connect the printer to a Mac computer.
- Turn on your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer, router, and computer.
- Gather the network name and password of a router or access point to which you are going to connect your Mac device and printer.
- On the operation panel of the printer, touch the Wireless icon.
- Go to the Wireless Settings option and touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select the name of your router and follow the guidelines on the screen to get connected.
- Download and install the printer driver software on your Mac device.
- You can download the driver from the manufacturer website.
- Go to the manufacturer site and choose the OS and version of your computer.
- Find and click the Download button. For Mac device, you can download the HP Easy Start application or a full-featured driver.
- Carry out the instruction on the screen and complete the download.
- Save the downloaded file in the destination folder and open it.
- Carry with the instructions on the screen and install the software.
- Provide the network name and password if prompted.
- Go through the guidelines on display.
- If you are prompted to add your printer to the Printer Queue, click on your printer’s name and tap the Use or Print Using menu.
- Now, choose your printer’s name in the pop-up and tap Add.
- Go back to the Home screen and complete connecting the devices.
How to Connect HP Officejet 8610 Printer to Wireless on Windows?
- Go through the forthcoming steps to connect the printer and computer using the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup.
- Power on your printer, computer, and router.
- Connect your printer and computer to the same network of a router or an access point.
- Touch the Wireless icon present on the control panel of the printer.
- Go to Settings and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Touch the network name of the router and carry with the guidelines on the screen.
- Disconnect any USB cable is connected.
- Download and install the printer driver software on your computer.
- You can download from the manufacturer website or the installation CD provided with the printer.
- For downloading from the manufacturer website, carry with the upcoming steps.
- Go to the manufacturer site and select the operating system and version of your computer.
- Download and save the file in the desired folder.
- Open the file and install the software.
- For Windows OS, your printer will be automatically added to the list of devices that are connected to your computer.
- Thus, your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer and computer are connected.
How to Change a USB connection to a HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Connection?
- Follow the forthcoming steps to change the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup on your Window system.
- Click on the Start button on the display of your computer or laptop.
- Select All Apps and choose the name of your printer. Tap Utilities.
- Click on the Printer Setup & Software option.
- Select the ‘Convert A USB Connected Printer To Wireless’ option and carry on the instruction on-screen to complete the setup process.
- For changing the connection on Mac device, follow the forthcoming steps.
- Connect your printer to a network of your router or an access point.
- Go to Applications or Hewlett-Packard or Devices utility option on your Mac device.
- Under the HP Setup Assistant feature, change the USB to a Wireless connection.
How to Enable the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Direct feature?
- On the operation panel of the printer, touch the Wireless Direct icon.
- Turn on the Direct feature using the slider which is located near it.
- You can allow this feature with or without using the Security option.
- If you enable the Security option, you have to provide the password of the router’s network to which you are connecting your printer.
- Security option can be used only if your computer supports WPA2 encryption.
- Now, select the Wireless Direct Name option to know the direct name of your printer.
- Also, touch Security Passcode to get the password of the network.
- Connect your computer to the same network of the router and perform the functions of the printer.
How to Enable HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Network Connection using the HP Smart Application?
- If you have connected the devices using a Wired connection, you can utilize the HP Smart application to change the connection for HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup.
- Download and launch the HP Smart application on your computer.
- Open the application. You will find a screen which displays the ‘Make Printing Easier By Connecting Your Printer Wirelessly’ message.
- Click on the Learn More link which located near the message.
- Follow the guidelines and enable the wireless network.
HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup using HP Utility Software on Mac Device
- Click on the Finder menu on your Mac device. Tap the Go button which is located at the menu bar.
- Go to Applications and double-click on the HP folder. Again, double-click on the HP Utility option.
- Under the All Settings tab, select the Wireless Setup and install the Utility software.
- Connect your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer to the same network to which you have linked the Mac device.
- On the control panel of the printer, touch the Setup or Network or Wireless menu.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard and carry with the instructions on the screen.
- Tap the Apple menu which is located at the top of the computer’s display.
- Select System Preferences and click the Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners option.
- Check if your printer’s name display on the screen.
- Remove the name of your printer and re-add it.
- Click the minus (-) button to remove your printer’s name and plus (+) button to add.
- If the printer’s name does not display on the screen, check if the printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- Go to the Use or Print Using menu and choose AirPrint or the printer’s name to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Setup.