How to Scan with HP Officejet Pro 8620?
Easy steps for How to Scan with HP Officejet Pro 8620 from our technical experts.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 How to Scan from Mac and Windows System?
- Carry out the upcoming steps to scan using your HP Officejet PRO 8620 printer by utilizing a Mac device.
- Scanning can be made easy by using the HP Easy Scan application. You can download the application from the Apple Store.
- Open the scanner lid and load the document or photo on the printer’s scanner glass with its print side facing down. To scan more than one document, use the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Press the Scan button on the control panel of the HP Officejet PRO 8620 printer. Select the printer’s name and scan job.
- Wait until the scanning is made. Locate the scanned document in the destination folder of your computer. If your HP printer does not have a scan button, utilize the HP Easy Scan application.
- Search for Scan and select the HP Easy Scan application. Choose your printer’s name in the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Preset menu and choose a Scan job. Click on the thumbnail of the scanned document and edit it if needed. After scanning, save the file in the destination folder to complete the setup.
- Follow the forthcoming steps for How to Scan with HP Officejet Pro 8620 utilizing a Windows system.
- Download and launch the HP Scan Software application. Type HP in the search bar and select the name of your HP Officejet PRO 8620 printer in the result.
- Now the HP Printer Assistant window opens. Click on the option Scan A Document or Photo option. Go to the Shortcut option, and change the settings if needed. Click OK and complete the setup
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Scan utilizing the HP Smart App from Android & iOS Device
- Download and launch the HP Smart application in your Android or iOS device.
- In the Android device, you can download the application from Google Play Store or Apple Store for iOS devices.
- Connect the printer and mobile to the same network of a router or access point.
- Launch the application and follow the guidelines on the screen. Link the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer by utilizing the Plus (+) sign situated at the bottom of the screen.
- Place the document or photo to be scanned on the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or scanner glass. Click on the Scan option.
- Tap the Settings icon and change the settings like input source, resolution etc.
- Click the Scan button. For scanning multiple pages, click the Add Pages icon.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Scan utilizing the HP Smart App from Windows 10 System
- Download the HP Smart app on your Windows system. The application is available in the Windows Store.
- Follow the guidelines for How to Scan with HP Officejet Pro 8620 on the screen and complete the installation.
- Launch the application. Click the plus sign (+) and tap Set Up A New Printer. Go through the guidelines on the screen and complete the setup.
- Click Add Printer Not Listed or Set Up A New Printer. Select the Scan option in the HP Smart app.
- Change the settings in the application. The settings are document type, page size, source, output tray, resolution, and compression.
- Tap Scan and click Apply. Change the settings and click OK.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Scan using the HP Embedded Web Server
- Use the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) to perform the functions of the printer with an active internet connection.
- Link the HP Officejet PRO 8620 printer and computer to the same network of a router or an access point.
- Obtain the IP address and identification number of your printer.
- The IP address is found in the Wireless menu on the operation panel of the HP Officejet PRO 8620 printer.
- Open any browser on your computer and enter the IP address in the address bar. Click the Search button.
- Load the document or photo to which needs to be scanned on the scanner glass or ADF. Tap the Scan menu.
- Click the Settings option located at the top menu and select Security.
- Select the Administrator Settings and go through the instructions on the screen.
- Click Apply –> OK. Go to the Scan menu and tap Scan Preferences.
- Press Start Scan and go through the guidelines on the screen. Select Scan and complete the setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 How to Scan to a Network Folder?
- Open the driver software of your HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer.
- Click Scan & Fax –> Scan.
- Select Scan To Network Wizard.
- Go through the instructions for How to Scan with HP Officejet Pro 8620 on the screen and complete the setup.