HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting
Resolving the issues on your printer is termed as HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting. The process involves rectifying common errors such as paper jam, color print issue, error code, cartridge error, printhead issue, printer offline error, paper feed error, scanner error and so on. The steps mentioned here are simple and can be followed easily by users to resolve the issues on their printer in a short span of time. Some of the common issues along with their solutions are mentioned below:
How to Clear HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Paper Jam?
The paper jam issue occurs when the print media gets stuck in a part of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer.
- Once the error message is displayed, find out the region of the paper jam.
- Utilize both the hands to pull out the paper carefully of the jammed area.
- Ensure free movement of the carriage by moving it manually from the left corner to right corner.
- Ensure that the feed rollers are free from dust using a lint-free cloth.
- Do not damage the inner parts of the printer by using water or any fluids.
- Reset the printer and try restarting the operation. Take your HP printer to the nearest service center for repairing it.
How to Solve HP Officejet Pro 8620 Paper Feed Error?
- Check if the paper is loaded in the input tray of your OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer.
- See that the edges of the paper are not curled and well aligned in the printer.
- Ensure that the paper loaded is not more than the capacity of the tray.
- Use only Portrait orientation while loading paper in the printer.
- Check whether the correct paper is used for the respective print job.
- Check if any foreign objects are blocking the feed roller.
- Check whether the respective media type is supported by your printer.
- Open the feed roller and remove the dust using a lint-free cloth.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Alignment Failure
The alignment failure in the printer occurs as a result of improper placement of the cartridges or due to the presence of obstructions in the pathway of the printhead. The HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting error can be resolved using the following steps:
- Power up the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the HP Ink cartridges after the carriage comes to the replacement position.
- Power off the device and try moving the printhead compartment and ensure free movement.
- Remove the obstructions or foreign objects from the printhead region.
- Now turn the printer on again and wait for the printer to execute the warm-up cycle.
- Re-install the ink cartridges into the printer one after the other.
- Wait for the device to print the alignment page automatically.
- Place the alignment page on the printer’s scanner glass and scan it to complete the alignment. Repeat the procedure until the desired output is obtained.
How to Fix HP Officejet Pro 8620 Not Printing Issue?
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Printer may not print due to various issues. The following steps for HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting will help in bringing the printer back to normalcy.
- Ensure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer is connected to a proper power source using a suitable power cord.
- Check if the ink cartridges in the printer are properly installed.
- Ensure to remove the protective tape before installing the ink cartridge.
- Check if a paper is jammed in any region of the printer. If so, remove it immediately.
- Ensure that the HP printer is connected to a stable connection with the computer.
- Reconnect the printer and computer then try printing again.
- Reset the printer by unplugging the power wire while it is turned on.
- Contact our technical experts for further assistance in resetting your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting Printer Offline Issue
The device goes offline when the connection is lost. Solve it using these steps
- Ensure that the printer and computer are connected.
- Check the USB cable or the wireless router for proper connection stability.
- Ensure that the printer is not in sleep or power saver mode.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor application on your computer.
- Open the app and select the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer.
- Click on the Fix printing option and start the diagnosis.
- Wait until the application detects the issue and clears it.
- Restart the printer and check if the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting problem is resolved.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Not Connecting to the Internet
The connection issue occurs due to issues in the connected router or its network connection.
- Ensure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer is connected to a network router.
- Check if the router is connected to a working network.
- Ensure that the connection process adopted is as per the guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
- Restart the printer and reconnect it to the wireless router.
- Power off the router. Remove and reconnect the connections then turn it on.
- Try connecting the printer to a different wireless router.
- Check if there is any overlapping of network connections in the region.
- Contact our tech expert team for getting immediate assistance to this issue.
Solve HP Officejet Pro 8620 AirPrint Not Working Issue
The AirPrint feature might not work due to issues with the printer, Apple device, or the network connection. Utilize the following HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting steps to resolve it.
- Check if the Apple device and the printer are connected to the same network.
- See if the device supports the AirPrint feature.
- Ensure that the AirPrint application on the Apple device is updated.
- Check and install the firmware updates for the printer.
- Restart the printer and try printing again from AirPrint.
- Try connecting to a different wireless network
- Ensure that the established connection is stable.
- Contact our team for more assistance.
Solve HP Officejet Pro 8620 Ink System Failure Issue
- See if you have loaded genuine ink cartridges into the printer.
- Note down the estimated ink levels from the printer’s control panel and replace the defective or empty ink cartridges.
- If the issue remains unresolved, launch the Settings menu on the printer’s control panel and initiate the printhead or ink cartridge cleaning option.
- Start the HP Print Assistant Center (Windows) and click the Maintain your Printer option.
- As a next step, open the HP Solution Center (Windows) and run the cleaning test from the printer toolbox to resolve the issue.
- Launch the HP Printer Utility and start the cleaning test from the Information Support panel on a Mac device.
- Consider replacing your printhead if the issue persists.
- Take a print of a test page and check if the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Troubleshooting issue is resolved on your printer.