Quick USB HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup
- Configure the printer for a USB HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup to a Windows operating system. Switch on the printer and the system by pressing the respective Power button.
- Obtain a USB cable which is in the printer’s shipment box. The cable should be less than 3m in length. Check if the USB port is working properly.
- Do not connect multiple devices to the port as it may result in an insufficient power supply. Do not connect the cable to the system during the driver installation process.
- Insert one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to a system’s USB port. After connecting, view the printer name in the list of available devices.
- If the driver is not installed, download the driver from our website. Click the link on the driver page to start the download process.
- The downloaded file is available in the Downloads folder of the Windows system. Double-click on the link to begin the installation process.
- Choose the mode of connection as USB based on the printer model. After a while, the printer establishes the connection.
- You can view the printer’s name in the list of available devices. If you are using a Mac system, download and install a compatible driver for the system.
- The setup file for the Mac system is in .dmg format. After downloading, HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup based on the on-screen prompts. Choose the mode of connection as USB.
- When the system prompts, connect the cable to the device. Make use of the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the installation.
- View the printer’s name on the print queue. If the printer name is not found, click the + sign to include it to the list.
HP Officejet Pro 8620 Wired Network Setup
- Press the respective Power buttons to turn on your printer and the system. Check if the network router has an available Ethernet port.
- Connect the printer and the system using a USB cable. Get an Ethernet cable in the printer’s shipment box.
- Do not use a standard telephone cable. Take the plug or protective tape from the Ethernet port. Plug one end of the cable to the printer and the other end to an available port on the router.
- View the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Download the driver from our website. Click the link on the website to begin the download process.
- After downloading, choose the setup file in the Downloads folder of the system. Click the setup file to begin the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup process.
- Choose the connection type as Wired Network to proceed with the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Try to print, scan or fax based on the printer’s functionality.
Can I Change from HP Officejet Pro 8620 USB Connection to Ethernet Connection?
- You can do so if you have previously installed the software for a USB connection and wish to switch to an Ethernet connection.
- Search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs. Select the folder of the printer and choose the printer name. Wait until the printer software displays.
- Select Printer Setup and Software selection. Click the Connect a New printer option and perform the instructions mentioned on the screen to configure the printer.
- Unplug the USB cable from you HP printer and system.
Why HP officejet Pro 8620 Printer Not Found During Installation?
- Reboot the printer and system.
- Check if the network connection between them.
- Inspect the Ethernet cable to check if the cable is working properly.
- Unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable to the printer’s rear.
- Verify if the Ethernet port is working properly.
- Try to use a different cable for the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup process.