123.hp.com/ojpro8740 is an All-in-One multi-functional color printer that prints documents and photos with rich color quality. You can connect the printer to your laptop through wireless, wired, and USB connections. This printer has dynamic mobile printing functions including ePrint, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Wireless Direct printing. It is suitable for home, office, and small enterprises. With a vast number of print features, you can guide, command, and control multiple actions including setting the number of pages for a print/copy job and duplex printing.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Unboxing Setup
- Unload the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and its accessories from the box.
- Choose an area that has sufficient space to accommodate your printer & laptop.
- Lay the printer and its components on the chosen location.
- Clear all the stickers and packing materials from the printer.
- Bridge the printer with a power source using the power cable and turn it on.
- Sort your preferences on the printer’s home screen accordingly.
- Load the printer’s paper tray and the photo tray with compatible sheets.
- Put both black and tricolor ink cartridges into their ink slots.
- Install the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer drivers using the installation CD.
- Set up the printer over a USB, wired, or wireless network connection.
Free HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver & Manual Download
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver
The HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer supports both basic and full feature drivers. Use the installation disc accompanied by the printer to install the printer’s basic drivers. Follow the guided procedure on our site to install the printer drivers. If the CD is not present, you can download the driver files using the download link provided on our site. After installing the basic drivers, you can print, copy, scan, and fax from the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Manual
Click the Manual Download button given on our site to download the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer manual on your computer. The manual comprises information about the setup instructions, driver download & installation steps, info about setting up a network/USB connection, and the solutions to troubleshoot various printer queries. Also, refer to this manual for details about the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer’s features, specifications, and product information.
How to Download HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver?
The HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer drivers and software can be downloaded from our website for free.
- Find the driver download icon or link on this site and click it.
- Wait for a while and the browser redirects you to the Downloads page.
- Click the Reload icon on top if the browser does not redirect automatically.
- A list containing the printer drivers pops up on the Downloads screen.
- Go through the list and find the latest release of the setup file.
- Single-click the Download icon next to the chosen driver file.
- Select a root folder for the file to be saved and click OK.
- Halt until the setup file downloads and saves to the desired folder.
- For Your Information – .exe setup file is for Windows & .dmg file is for Mac.
How to Install HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver?
- Go to the root folder on your laptop in which the file is saved.
- Double-click the setup file with .exe or .dmg extension.
- Click the Yes icon on the Installation pop-up window.
- Select the check-box titled I accept the User Agreements and continue further.
- Perform the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 driver installation by proceeding with the on-screen directions.
- Select the Yes icon whenever a Confirmation window pops up.
- Set the type of connection to link the printer to your network.
- Initiate a print or copy job on the printer and start printing.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
- Turn on your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and open the Control Panel settings. Locate the Wireless/Network Settings menu and tap on it.
- Swipe the screen down and touch the Wireless Setup Wizard menu. Wait for a while and the Setup Wizard turns on the printer’s Wi-Fi.
- After a while, the Wi-Fi starts searching the available networks. Power up your router and link your smartphone to it.
- Test the signal strength and the internet connection speed. Confirm if the internet connection is active and uninterrupted.
- Disable all the other wireless networks that are within the printer’s range.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer’s Wi-Fi associates with your wireless router if the auto-connect mode is active. In case the auto-connect feature is disabled, set the network manually.
- You can also switch among networks on the printer’s control panel.
- Get the network password from the router’s control panel in case the wireless network is encrypted with a password.
- Type the password on the keypad and tap OK. The printer displays a status message Connection is Successful.
Print one or more copies of an original document, photo, or a new Word file from the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
How to Print?
- Bridge the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to a power source and power it on.
- Link the printer and your laptop over a USB/network connection.
- Load a document that you want to print on your laptop.
- Click File > Print and then pick your HP printer model.
- The Print Preview window displays on the upcoming screen.
- Make changes under the Print Settings menu if required.
- Click Apply > OK > Print at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
Print Mirror Image
- Select a file that you want to print as a mirror image and open it on your laptop.
- Download and install reliable graphics software on your computer.
- Launch the software and fill the necessary credentials to log in.
- Minimize the file that is open and load it using the downloaded software.
- Locate and click the Edit option on the software’s home screen.
- Click the Flip Horizontal, Mirror Image, Reverse, or Rotate option.
- Wait until the preview window displays a rough copy of the design.
- When the desired layout displays, click Apply, and then OK.
- Click Print and choose your HP printer model from the list.
- Wait for a while and the design prints as a mirror image.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 How to Scan?
- Use the printer’s power cord to connect the printer to an electrical source. Switch on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and the wireless router.
- Associate the printer and the computer with the router using the Wi-Fi feature or an Ethernet cable.
- If it is a USB connection mode, link the printer directly to your computer using the USB cable accompanied by the printer.
- Print a network test report from the printer. Note down the IP address and the SSID printed on the test page.
- Open a browser on your computer, type the IP address in the search bar, and press the Enter button.
- Load the doc to be scanned on the scanner glass. Expand the Home menu on the EWS homepage on your computer.
- Click the Scan option from the drop-down tab and wait until the doc scans and displays on your computer’s screen.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Copy
Copy both single and multi-page documents using the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer’s dynamic copy functions.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 How to Copy?
- Remove the previously loaded papers from the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer’s scanner lid.
- Load the document you want to copy on the flatbed scanner glass.
- Using the edge handles and lower the scanner lid.
- Ensure that the lid rests on the document completely.
- Load the printer’s paper tray with a stack of good quality papers.
- Touch the Copy icon on the printer’s access panel and set the number of copies.
- Tap the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black icon as per your requirements.
- Wait for a while and the documents copy from the printer.
Before initiating faxing on the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, get the recipient’s details such as the caller id, telephone number, and the recipient’s To address.
HP Officejet 8740 How to Fax?
- Load the document that you want to fax into the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray.
- You can load both single and multi-page documents in the ADF tray.
- Connect the telephone cord to the phone slot on your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer.
- Tap the Send, Black, or Color icon to initiate the fax job.
- Type the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the printer’s keypad.
- Make sure to include the area code, outside line access code, and the long distance country code.
- If you are dialing using speed-dial, ensure that the saved number has required pauses between dials.
- If you hear a busy signal, then the receiver’s fax phone is busy with another task.
- Wait until you hear high-pitched sounds.
- Check the receiver for the faxed document.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8740 to Laptop?
- Connect the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Switch on your laptop and ensure both the devices are placed close to each other.
- Attach an end of the USB cable into the printer’s USB slot.
- Plug the other end to a USB port on your laptop.
- Make sure to install the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer drivers before initiating the USB setup.
- The laptop displays a notification stating Installing Device Driver.
- Wait for a while and the device driver installation completes.
- Click OK on the Confirmation window that pops up on the next screen.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
Common issues that the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer encounters are printer offline error, carriage/paper jam error, driver download & installation problems, wireless/wired/USB connection error, and printer not printing. To resolve the above-mentioned issues, perform the troubleshooting solutions provided on our site. Click the Read More link below to redirect to the Troubleshooting page. You can also contact us. Also, refer to the user manual for a detailed description of the errors along with their support codes.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer is Offline?
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows device.
- Find the HPPSdr.exe file that is saved in the Downloads folder.
- Install the setup file by following a guided procedure.
- Single-click the Start icon on the utility tool’s homepage.
- The printer lists the available networks on its LED screen.
- From the list, select the printer for which you have to resolve the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 error.
- Resolve the connection problems by following the on-screen instructions.
- Click Fix Printing, wait for a while, and the utility tool resolves the issue.
The HP Officejet Pro 8740 offline error appears when the printer is not connected to a wireless network.
How to Install Driver for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer using CD?
- Power off the printer and wait for the printer to turn idle.
- Detach the printer’s power cable and wait until the power connection disables.
- Ensure that your HP printer is not connected to a wireless or USB connection.
- Power off and then power on the router or modem (the one you use).
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s access panel after turning it on.
- Make sure to connect your printer to a reliable network.
- Ensure that the drivers are up-to-date.
- Print a test page to see if the issue is resolved.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Not Found During Driver Setup
Uninstall and reinstall the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer drivers.
- Detach the USB cable from your printer, if connected previously.
- Go to the Programs and Features menu on your Windows device.
- Locate the HP printer driver that is installed and right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for a while and the driver uninstalls from your computer.
- Click the Driver Download link provided on our site.
- The driver package downloads on your computer.
- Install the latest 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer driver from the downloaded package.