HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing
Get Steps for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing, to print from your mobile devices.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 ePrint
- You can print from anywhere with an active internet connection using the HP ePrint feature. The document or photo you need to print should be emailed directly to the printer.
- After connecting your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to the web, obtain the printer’s email address.
- Go to your printer and select the HP ePrint button. Click on Setup and follow the on-screen instructions to enable the Web Services.
- After enabling the Web Services, select Print or Print Info.
- The control panel screen displays the printer’s email address. See if the printer prints an info page with the printer’s email address.
- Look for the HP ePrint email address that appears.
- You can now follow these instructions to print a document or photo from your computer.
- Sign into your email account and create a new email. Enter the printer’s email address and type the email subject line. Attach the document to the email. Then choose Send.
- To print an email, click on the Forward button.
- Enter your printer’s email address and select the Send button.
- To print a webpage, press the Ctrl or Command key and the A key. The page content will be selected. Then press the Ctrl or Command key along with the C key. The content will be copied. Open the blank document and paste the content to it by pressing the Ctrl or Command key and the V key. Then save the document to your PC.
- Attach the document to the email and then click on Send.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Airprint
- To use HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing AirPrint feature, make sure the iOS device and the printer satisfies these requirements.
- Make sure the printer supports AirPrint and iOS device runs on iOS 4.2 or later.
- Check whether the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and the iOS device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Try to print using the AirPrint feature. If the No AirPrint printers found error message displays, then set up the wireless connection between the printer and the iOS device. Check if your printer is connected to the PC on a USB connection. If yes, then use Wi-Fi Direct/HP Wireless Direct. If the devices are not connected with the USB cable, then proceed with these instructions.
- Unplug the USB or Ethernet cable and use these steps to connect the printer to the network.
- Go to your printer’s name and choose the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu. Click on Wireless Setup Wizard. Then continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Try to print and if you are still not connected, then go with the steps to print using Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Go to your printer and locate the Wi-Fi Direct/HP Wireless Direct button or an icon. Confirm that the solid blue light is On next to that icon.
- Look for the Wi-Fi Direct/HP Wireless Direct button and click on it.
- Click Settings on the Apple iOS device and then choose Wi-Fi.
- Click the name of the printer from the Choose a network menu. Check if the selected printer name contains DIRECT.
- After doing the above HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing steps, you can start printing using the AirPrint feature.
Otherwise, navigate to the control panel menu setting and search for Wi-Fi Direct/HP Wireless Direct. After finding the option, choose it.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Google Cloud Print
- Use the Google Cloud Print feature to print the photos and documents securely from any network connected device to the HP Officejet Pro 8740.
- Initially, you need to connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to Google Cloud Print.
- Power on the printer and check if it is connected to the same network as your PC.
- Sign into your Google Account on the PC and enter the Chrome://devices in the address bar, and press the Enter button.
- The printers that are available on the network will be detected by Google Cloud Print.
- Check if your printer is listed under New devices. If yes, then click Register, and choose Register again. After doing this, all the choices you made will be confirmed and the confirmation page will be printed.
- When you confirm the registration, a confirmation page prints. If not, go with the instructions on the printed page.
- You can now print documents on your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer using Google Cloud Print.
- To print the photos or documents from the PC, go to the Chrome browser on the computer and sign into your Google account.
- For HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing, Open Cloud Print and go to Print jobs.
- Select Print, choose Upload file to print, and tap Select a file from my PC.
- Choose the document or photo and then click on Open.
- Choose your printer from the Google Cloud Print window and alter the print settings. Then choose the Print button and the document or photo gets printed.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mopria Print Service
- Check whether you have set up the printer hardware. Also, see if the iOS device runs on OS 4.0 or later.
- Ensure that both the devices are connected to the same wireless or wired network.
- Move the printer and the Android device closer to the router.
- Open the Google Play Store and install the Mopria Print Service plugin. When the Mopria Print Service plugin is installed on the Android device, choose a method to enable it.
- Choose the Mopria Print Service option and click On.
- Open the document or photo that you need to print and select the Menu option. Choose the Print button and click on Down arrow. Select the name of your printer, click Down arrow, and select the Print button.
- Check if the document or photo you need prints of, for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing.