HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup
If you are purchasing a new printer, the setup procedure is necessary. Without unboxing the printer, it is impossible to carry out any process. Follow the steps mentioned below to start unboxing HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup.
Step 1: Unpack the Carton
- Break the tape on top of the printer’s shipment box. Open the box, and take the setup poster out of it.
- Check for a seal on top of the carton. If there is no seal, return the printer to the manufacturer, and replace it with a new one.
- The HP Instant Ink card includes reference materials. Check if the power cable and USB cable comes along with the printer. Keep them aside.
- Take the Black and Tri-color cartridges out of the printer. Eliminate all the packing materials surrounding the printer’s shipment box.
- Pull the output tray, and unlock the ink cartridge access door. Discard all the packing materials inside the cartridge area. Close the door and tray.
- Open the scanner lid, and take the styrofoam sheet on the lid. All resource materials in the box may vary based on the country/region.
Step 2: Establish the Power Connection
- Take the power cable from the box. Insert one end of the cable to the printer’s power port, and the other end to a wall socket.
- Find the Power button on the printer’s control panel. Press it to turn on the device. View the preferences on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the preferred language country/region. A list of supported languages display. Use the up and down arrows to choose your language. Choose the date and time if prompted.
- Touch Yes to confirm the choice. Do not HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup the USB cable to the printer unless prompted.
Step 3: HP Officejet Pro 8740 Load Papers into the Input Tray
- Drag the input tray, and take all the packing materials out of the box. Extend the paper width guides to their farthest position.
- Insert plain sheets of paper into the input tray. Load it with the short edge moving forward, and the print side facing downwards.
- Do not insert curled or wrinkled papers into the input tray. Ensure that you do not overfill the ink cartridges.
- Move the stack into the paper’s tray until it fixes. Move the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Insert the input tray into the printer until it locks into its slot.
Step 4: HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup the Ink Cartridges
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Refrain from proceeding until the carriage is idle and silent. Use the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup ink cartridges available in the printer’s shipment box.
- Take the ink cartridges out of the printer’s shipment box. Tear the protective tape on top of it. Handle the ink cartridges with utmost care.
- Move the ink cartridge with the printed side facing the printer, and press on top of it for a proper installation.
- Ensure that the letter on the cartridge is similar to the letter on the slot. Redo the same actions for installing other ink cartridges.
- Close the door. After a while, the printer aligns the printhead. The alignment page prints automatically.
Step 5: Alignment of HP Officejet Pro 8740 Ink Cartridges
- View the HP Solution Center on the computer. If you cannot view it, navigate to the Start menu. Choose the All Programs icon.
- Select the HP Solution Center icon. For Windows Vista, select Windows on the Windows taskbar. Choose the All Programs icon. Select the HP Solution Center.
- Choose Settings -> Print Settings -> printer Toolbox in HP Solution Center. Wait until the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup Printer Toolbox displays.
- Select the Align the Print cartridges option. Click Align and proceed with the on-screen prompts to print an alignment page.
- You can also print the alignment page using Printer properties. Open the Printers folder. Select Start on your Windows system, and choose Control Panel.Double-click Printers and Faxes. Select Printing Preferences by right-clicking on the printer icon. Choose Printer Services under the Features tab.
- Click Align the Print cartridges under the Device Services tab. Select Align. Go through the instructions mentioned on the screen.
Step 6: Install HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Driver
- Use the software installation CD to install the driver. Insert the supplied CD into the system’s disc drive.
- View the list of files on the system. Select the .exe file to begin the installation process. Choose the type of connection as Wired or Wireless.
- Select the purpose of connection as home or office. Delete all the temporary files before the installation process.
- Type the PIN code if required. If the printer supports the Fax feature, click Yes. The required driver for fax installs automatically.
- Continue with the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup process. After the installation is complete, the printer’s name displays automatically.