Quick HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Connection
Follow our steps for HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Connection
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Setup for Windows
- The wired connection can be done using two cables. One is, connection using a USB cable and the other is through an Ethernet cable.
- Go through the following steps to set a wired connection using the USB cable.
- Unpack the USB cable which is given in the printer box.
- Attach the cable only when the printer prompts during the installation of printer driver software.
- Connect one end of the HP supplied cable to the appropriate port of the printer and next end to your computer. Complete the wired setup using the USB cable.
- Now, perform all the functions of the printer like printing, scanning, faxing and more.
- Glance through the upcoming steps to connect the devices using a USB cable.
- Make sure you have a network router or an access point with Ethernet ports.
- Unplug other cables that are connected to the printer, except for the power cable.
- Get a new Ethernet cable and unpack it. It is not recommended to use a telephone cable.
- Power up the printer by pressing its Power button, if it is not turned on. Remove any protective cover that is present from the Ethernet port on the printer’s rear.
- Link the Ethernet cable to the appropriate port of your printer, router, and Windows computer.
- While installing the printer driver, you will be prompted to connect the cable.
- If you have downloaded a full-featured printer driver software, an installation application called the HP Easy Start will be launched.
- Glance through the instructions on the screen and start the setup.
- When the printer prompts to choose the printer connection as Wired Network, complete down the setup process for HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Connection.
- Now, you can perform the print jobs of your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer like printing, scanning and faxing
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Connection for Mac
- Follow the forthcoming steps to set up the Wired connection between your printer and Mac device.
- You can set the Wired connection either using a USB cable or an Ethernet cable.
- For connections using a USB cable, link the cable to the appropriate port of the printer and computer.
- Connect the cable only when the printer prompts during installation of the printer driver.
- Go through the forthcoming steps to connect using an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure that you have a network router with Ethernet ports.
- Connect your Mac computer or laptop to the router, if it is not already connected.
- Take the Ethernet cable given with the printer setup and unpack it. Using telephone cable is not advised.
- Now, power up your printer by pressing its Power button. Unplug any cords if connected to the printer, except the power cord.
- Take out the protective covers from the Ethernet port, if any.
- Attach one end of the Ethernet cable to the appropriate port of the printer and next end to your router.
- If you have downloaded a full featured printer driver software, an application called HP Easy Start will get downloaded while installing the driver.
- Go through the procedure on the screen and open the downloaded file to initialize the setup.
- When the driver prompts to select the connection method, choose Wired Network for HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Connection. If you are prompted to add your printer to the printer’s queue, select the name of your printer when it displays on the screen.
- Click on the Use or Print Using menu. Again, choose the name of your printer in the pop-up menu and tap on the Add button. Go back to the HP installer window and complete the installation.
- Now, the setup is done. You can try to perform all the functions of the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer like printing, scanning or faxing.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Name Not Found or Linked While Installing the Driver Software
Follow the upcoming procedure to solve the issue of ‘printer’s name not found’ during an installation.
Firstly, do the basic troubleshooting process and check if the issue is solved. If the problem persists, follow the upcoming instruction. Restart your printer and computer. Turn on the HP printer by pressing its Power button. Wait for about few minutes until the printer becomes idle. Unplug the power cable with the printer powered on. Leave the printer to rest for a few minutes and reconnect the power cable. Turn on the printer. Connect the printer to the network of your router or access point. Ensure whether your printer and computer are connected to the same network of your router. Confirm if Check that the Ethernet cable is connected to the appropriate port at the rear of the printer and router. If it is connected properly, the green link light will start to flash continuously, and the orange light will blink. Ensure that no phone cables are used for this connection. Unplug the cable and reconnect it. Also, try to plugging the Ethernet cable into another port on the router. Perform a print and check the issue is solved. If the problem is not solved, use a different Ethernet cable to solve this. If the issue continues or else any HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wired Connection Problem, contact our technical support team.